CLICdp is governed by the Institute Board (IB). The IB is presently chaired by Wolfgang Kilian.
The role of the IB is defined in the MoC and can be summarised as follows:
- Comprises one member from each participating institute;
- Shall elect its Chairperson;
- Defines the direction of work in CLICdp, taking higher level constraints and strategies into account;
- Defines the rules applicable, e.g. rules for election and renewal of appointments, publication rules, etc.;
- Shall elect the CLICdp Spokesperson;
- Approves the appointment of the Technical Coordinator and of additional members of the Executive Team by the Spokesperson;
- Gives recommendations to the CLICdp Executive Team;
- Admits new CLICdp Partners.